Digital Services Librarian
Illinois Institute of Technology
- Creating new digital content for the library: including web-based tutorials, digitally reformatted collections, subject specific pathfinders, and other digital library services.
- Developing dynamic, evolving, user-centered content and services for all IIT Library web sites.
- Introducing best practices for web development such as version control, usability studies and process documentation.
- Designed and developed the library's first mobile website (summer 2011).
- Recommending digital services and program content through recommendations, literature review, and statistical reports.
- Implementing and maintaining applications such as open-URL linkages and federated search software.
Reference Assistance / Instruction
- Providing assistance for all method of inquiries while staffing the reference desk, including short instruction sessions.
- Developing instruction sessions on citation management, advanced search techniques and other digital skills using active learning techniques.
Illinois Institute of Technology
Subject Liaison / Instruction
- Supported research at Stuart School of Business and the Institute of Design as subject liaison, including instruction sessions and research guides.
- Provided assistance for all method of inquiries while staffing the reference desk, including short instruction sessions.
- Researched and purchased items for monograph resources for business and design subject areas.Also made recommendations for serial purchases in these areas.
- Relocated and weeded items to maintain library collection for business and design areas.
Ex Libris Group
- Coordinated software installations and upgrades for the Primo discovery and delivery application.
- Communicated issues and requests to the members of the Primo team for resolution and possible
inclusion in future product releases.
- Configured environment and and provided first-line support during the implementation cycle.
- Customized data map configurations to correct and enhance imported data.
- Provided analysis of future software needs and current defects to address.
- Developed customized web-based and face-to-face instructional programs using active learning techniques.
- Reviewed end user documentation for clarity and accuracy.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Endeavor Information Systems
- System tested Voyager ILS and Meridian/ENCompass digital content management products.
- Maintained test environments, including creating test data.
- Organized customer test sites and testing process.
- Provided customer support and acted as liaison between customers and development staff.
- Improved test automation methods, refactored code into functional libraries and cross-trained team members in
- Performed tool analysis comparisons for future performance testing goals.
Senior Technical Consultant
11th Hour, Inc.
- Developed structured testing environments and managed people and processes involved.
- Designed and conducted performance tests to discover application latencies before release.
- Created in-house user manuals and training documents.
- Conducted standard training classes as well developed customized classes.
- Co-wrote and presented a conference paper for an audience of 100+ attendees.
- Supervised teams of 5-10 people, directing activities and outlining work.
- Designed, developed and maintained two company websites.
- Designed marketing materials such as logos, business cards and brochures.
- Primo Discovery + Delivery, Voyager ILS, Meridian ERM, SFX, MetaLib federated search, ContentDM, ENCompass digital repository
- Microsoft Office (including macro and VBA programming)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Windows 7/XP/NT, UNIX, Linux, Mac OSX
- Master Certificate in Web Design & Application Development
- Master of Library and Information Science, Dominican University, River Forest, IL.
- Beta Phi Mu honor society member
- Bachelor of Science, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI
- American Library Association
- Library Information and Technology Association
- Reference and User Services Association
- code4lib (2013 conference organizer)